The Liebster is for blogs with fewer than 200 followers*. The rules require me to answer 11 questions, nominate 11 more bloggers, and make up 11 questions for them to answer.
1. What inspired you to start writing?
I can't remember a time I didn't write. It's the way I de-stress, it's the way I get outside myself and become someone I can't be. But honestly, I started writing novels because I saw an advertisement for [insert terrible reality show name here] and thought, if THIS can make it, I can.
2. What are your all-time favorite books?
Some of my childhood favs are Goosebumps, Animorphs, and The Heavenly Horse from the Outermost West (yup). Presently, I love, love, love A Monster Calls and The Scorpio Races. There are a ton of others but those are tops.
3. What would be the best thing about being published?
Knowing my words are reaching an audience. Having the platform to help others get published.
4. What is your greatest achievement in life so far, and why?
By far, finishing my first novel! I'd never done anything like it and had so much fun in the process. Suddenly I felt like I knew what I was supposed to be doing with my life. Yeah, I know that sounds cheesy, shut up.
5. Tell me about an embarrassing moment
Oh. Lord. It would have to be pitching to agent Evan Gregory at the Pikes Peak Writer's Conference last year. I wasn't ready, I told myself I wouldn't pitch, I pitched anyway. DON'T DO THAT.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I'm rather restless when it comes to place--I'd love to live in New England for fall and spring, in the Colorado Rocky Mountains in the summer, and someplace tropical for the winter.
7. What is the most exciting thing you’ve ever done?
Met Tim Tebow! Oh, and got married. That was pretty exciting too. [Should I have put that first...?]
8. Who would you be most excited to meet in person?
Jesus. I have a bazillion questions.
9. Fur, feathers, or scales. Pick one and tell me why.
Feathers so I can fly.
10. What are your biggest pet peeves?
People who don't listen and people who don't shower. And that sound wipers make when your windshield is kind of dry.
11. What are your hopes for 2013?
That I'll find a home for my little YA series and balance for everything else (life/work/play).
And here are my lovely nominees![I would like to add, there are no Liebster police that I know of. You are under no obligation to repost. I just like you.]
1. Rachael Dahl because she is one of the reasons I'm still writing and one of the toughest cookies I know.
2. Kevin Pech because he has the most fantastic sense of humor.
3. Girl Friday because she likes flamethrowers and Calvin and Hobbes.
4. Stacey Lee because she made time for me when she didn't need to. And because you're going to be reading her books in the very near future. (*Stacey I know you have more than 200 followers, but I'm going to consider Liebster rules more like... guidelines)
5. Kathryn Purdie because her name is awesome and we are BLOG DESIGN TWINS. Crazy!
6. Stephanie Scott because she is always encouraging her fellow writers and she and her hubs make up songs about their cat. (Also has over 200 followers. Guidelines, I tell you.)
7. Stacey Trombley because we've both blogged on voice (er... at least, how no one anywhere can actually say what it is) and she's working on a book called Naked.
8. Beau Barnett because he ALSO loves Calvin and Hobbes, and Jesus, and is just pretty darn awesome in general.
9-11. ....I'm breaking the rules again :) If you have a blog you'd like nominated, reply in the comments and I will add it! Doesn't have to be yours.
And finally here are my Eleven Questions:
1. Where's your perfect writing spot and why?
2. If you could be anyone else, who would you be?
3. What is your least favorite thing to do?
4. When did you write your first novel? Why?
5. What is the best part about writing/pursuing a writing career?
6. What freaks you out?
7. Do you listen to music while you write? Why or why not?
8. Batman or Superman? Explain.
9. Tell me about an embarrassing moment. (yeah, I stole this question...)
10. If you could live in any book (or movie), which would it be and why? Can't be one you've written.
11. Whose blog do you follow that you really, really love? Doesn't have to be an author.
And that's all! Thanks again Michaele for nominating me!